Sunday, May 23, 2010

It's May

The weather has turned nice and fish are being caught. As has been commented in other NH blogs, it seems that the NH F&G has been remiss in stocking activities this year. Some key areas have seen no fish.

Several weeks ago, I was down on the Squannacook (MA) and luck was the order of the day as the stocking truck pulled up as I was arriving at the Cable Pool. For the next 2 hours, I caught over 40 fish - browns and brookies. Mass F&G do a great job as the browns were all 2+ lbs. Great fun.

I finally found the FFO zone on the Sugar River but no fish and this was on May 23. A little disappointing. However, the ponds seem to be getting a fair amount of fish. The fish we have been catching sem to be going for nymphs - Hare's Ear and BH Pheasant Tail. I have had good luck with Hornbergs, as well.

Water levels are getting uncomfortably low in some streams. Time to head to northern NH for a change of scenery.

Finally, the NH high school boys' lacrosse season is coming to a close. Playoffs start on June 3 at the top-seed home fields. I think we're headed to Hanover - a long drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment