Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Neat Resource You Can Use for Fishing

I’m relatively new to the area and don’t know where a lot of fishing locations are nor am I familiar with locations by name. I read the stocking reports religiously and see where the state is putting fish in the water but to be honest, I have no idea where these places are. Places like PURGATORY BROOK, WALLACE BROOK, SWAIN POND, SPECTACLE POND, where are these places and how can I get there? One way I’ve been able to locate these places is by using Google Earth. The Software is free and can be downloaded directly from the web. Did you know you can type in the name of the water body, town and State and Google Earth will zoom right in on that location! You can see the water body, nearby roads and landmarks, review the topology of the area and even get directions, it’s great! I recommend you give it a try the next time your lost for a place to fish. Go to the State Stocking report (I’ve posted the link over on the sidebar) get the name of the place you might want to try and plug it into Google Earth and scout it out!

Happy Fishing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment