Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend With Mixed Results

Well it’s been a while and I’ve been a bit remiss in posting so I’ll apologize up front. In any case while I was unable to get out last weekend I was on the pond both Sunday afternoon and Monday morning of Memorial Day Weekend with mixed results.

On Sunday all I got for my 3 hours of fishing was a 6” Small Mouth Bass that wasn’t even worth taking a picture of. The only thing it bought me was the bragging rights to say that I haven’t been skunked yet this year. A record I hope to maintain this season. Monday was a little different. I was on the pond by 7:00 am, It was a little breezy but the wind was coming from the far side of the pond and there looked to be some pretty flat water over there owing to the fact that the trees probably blocked the wind for the first few hundred feet from shore leaving at least that part of the pond flat and smooth. Casting in a dropper rig, with an Elk hair and CDC Caddis on top and the trusty Prince Nymph on the bottom, about 18” down I immediately hooked into a great 16” Bow.

This fish gave me quite a fight, breaking water with some nice jumps 3 times! 5 minutes into fishing and hooked into this fish, I thought it was going to be a great day! NOT!! I spent the next hour trying to get another fish to even look at my line. I went to a Crippled Elk Hair Caddis on top, different Nymphs below and nothing. Then I got a hit on an Elk Hair Caddis on top but missed it. A few minutes later, I hooked into the 12” Brookie on the nymph which turned out to be the last fish of the day.

Total count, 2 fish, both on the dropper, 3 bites, one on top and two on the dropper, all before the wind really kicked up and left me paddling through white caps on the little pond. Along with the pictures of the two fish I caught I also got some nice scenery pics. Maybe you can guess where we’re fishing from these pictures.




I just wanted to point out that Jeff still isn’t posting any pictures of his catches which, if I were a cynic might make me wonder if he really caught all those fish he has claimed to have caught. Being as I am not a cynic, I’ll just trust him at his word!

No comments:

Post a Comment