Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Out and About


Left NH for several trips. First visit was the Raritan River in NJ. Water had been high but was fishable when I visited. Specific location was the Ken Lockwood Gorge area. Great spot. Lots of boulders, runs, riffles and pools. I probably turned a dozen trout in my 2 hour fishing stint. Lots of caddis in the air. I caught fat browns and brookies. Give it a look if you are in western NJ.

Next stop was the Battenkill in Arlington, VT. Always a difficult river. As one local told me years ago, it is a river that will 'beat you up'. It is frustating as there are big fish here but extremely smart and fly-shy. I spent 3 hours on the water and caught 2 native brook trout. Oh well, I'll save the fabled browns for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Know the Gorge well. It can be challenging at times but you look like you had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete